With my old diet I had all these following symptoms, (almost) enough to meet the diagnostic criteria for Behçet’s:
- Minor aphthous ulceration [every couple of months in the mouth]
- Pseudofolliculitis [maybe a very very slight, but my follicles were always red]
- Papulopustular lesions [sometimes some]
- Acneiform nodules [not sure, I thought it was acne]
- Extreme exhaustion [Wouldn't call it "extreme", but yes I am quite fatigued]
- Nervous system symptoms [do muscle twitches and migraines count?]
These are the symptoms I had on my old diet, some of which I still have. And some of the symptoms return when I leave the path of the Paleo Diet and venture into my old diet (mainly when I eat pasteurized milk products or when I eat eggs).
And every symptom counts. I really paid not much attention to the aphthous ulcers in my mouth. They came and went again, I could live with them and they were the least of my problems – and why concern myself or even a doctor with such a small thing?
I fear I need go again on my old diet to provoke these symptoms. But not at the moment.
At the moment I am too tired to write more – but is interesting the things one finds.