My elimination diet started yesterday, so it's too soon to know anything. Right now, I'm getting used to the restrictions and figuring out how to handle them while still actually eating.…And BTW:
Here's the list of foods I can't have for the next 30 days:
- All dairy products,
- All gluten-containing products,
- All processed foods,
- All refined sugar,
- Most sweeteners, including honey, molasses, brown sugar, and corn syrup,
- All nightshade vegetables/fruits (tomatoes, green peppers, potatoes, etc.),
- Corn and corn-containing products,
- Fatty meats, including beef, pork, and veal,
- Processed foods,
- Peanuts and pistachios,
- Margarine, shortening, and refined oils,
- Strawberries and citrus.
My rheumatologist has been prescribing this diet for years, and she says she's seen a lot of people make remarkable progress with it. One woman with rheumatoid arthritis and fairly severe joint damage not only lowered her pain and inflammation on this diet, the doctor told me, her joints actually began to repair themselves. Another patient went from nearly bedridden to out working in the garden in just a couple of months. She mentioned several other success stories, many with the added benefit of weight loss.