Which Viruses Have Been Shown to Be Suppressed by Statins?"HIV 1 (a cousin to the AIDS and XMRV viruses)"?
Many different families of viruses, suggesting a broad antiviral effect. These include:
1. Epstein Barr Virus (inhibits its triggering lymphoma)
2. West Nile Virus -- An RNA Virus
3. Rotavirus -- In this FDA "test tube" study, the authors noted an approximately 99% drop in some viral tests, and a bunch of deformed inactive viruses
5. Hepatitis C -- but effects were mixed[10-12]
6. HIV 1 (a cousin to the AIDS and XMRV viruses)
7. RSV -- Respiratory syncytial virus
8. And perhaps even the flu virus
And no, there is not one "flu virus", there are several types of flu viruses.
Jacob Teitelbaum MD, you are an idiot.